Friday, August 28, 2009

The girl with the arm

OMG. Can I just tell you that my daughter can throw overhand, with equal accuracy using either arm from 8 to 10 feet? That she can catch anything you throw her way? That she can dribble a soccer ball or kick it past me? That she's only 2 years old?

I avoid the bragging ordinarily, but this time I just have to bust out with it. It's not even really bragging really. Maybe you could call it concern. Is this normal or freakish?

Two weeks ago I told her to cup her hands together and I tried to toss the ball so it would land there. I worked on getting her eyes off her palms and onto the ball. With little practice between then and now, she just mastered it. This is the truly fabulous part of parenthood. Zero to the speed of light in no time.

I guess it's the long-awaited reward for profound sleeplessness. The absolute limit of fatigue is setting in at the Suo house, and there are times when yes, you do wonder why the #$%!$ you signed on for this mission. Then little C comes back with something truly amazing or hilarious: like tonight when she started looking askance at us. Yes, looking askance -- eyes down and to the right, conspiratorially, followed by a big giggle.

And the baby is coming along just fine right behind her. Giggling and cooing when she's stared at. Sleeping the rest of the time.

This stuff is hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment